The Bellevue Club offers American Red Cross Lifeguarding in a Blended Learning format.
Blended Learning combines online learning with on-site skill sessions
This blended learning course requires at-home computer and internet access. You will be emailed a link to gain access to the online portion by the Tuesday prior to class and will take about 6-8 hours to complete. To successfully complete the course, you must attend the entire course, complete all online learning modules, demonstrate competency in all required skills and scenarios, and pass the final written exams with a minimum grade of 80 percent. Upon successful completion, you will receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, valid for two years.
participants must meet the following requirements
• Be at least 15 years old before the last scheduled class date.
• Complete online material prior to the start of the in-person portion.
• Pass one prerequisite skills evaluation on the first day of class which includes: swimming 300 meters, treading water for two minutes without hands, and retrieving a ten-pound brick from a depth of nine feet and swimming 20 meters using legs only.
Class Schedule & Fees
The purpose of the review course is to give currently certified American Red Cross Lifeguards the opportunity to review course content within a formal course setting. The review course format optimizes a participant’s ability to successfully complete the knowledge and skills evaluations. Click here to register.
There is no online blended learning component required for this class.
Within 24 hours of submitting your registration, you are required to send proof of current (or expired less than 30 days by the start of the course) lifeguarding certification to firstname.lastname@example.org. If this is not sent, you may be removed from the class roster.
Review Course Dates
Course dates & Times | Saturdays & Sundays: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
See registration page for current availability
Lifeguard Course – Blended Learning: $275/non-member; $225 member*
Review Course – $175/non-member; $145 member*
*No refunds are issued within 7 days in advance of the class, except in the event of illness. A full refund, less Eventbrite (registration processing) fees, will be issued if requested at least 7 days before the start of the class. A $50 transfer fee applies when changing courses. No refunds or credits are issued to participants who do not successfully complete this course.
This format condenses lifeguard training all into one weekend. Participants should plan to spend long periods of time in the water and in the classroom.
The following items are *required or recommended:
- *State-issued photo ID (school ID is acceptable)
- *Proof of completion of online content
- Water bottle
- Food or meal plans
- Warm, dry change of clothes for classroom
- Contact case/solution if worn – participants are require to open eyes underwater
- Deck footwear
- Proof of current certification (review class only)