The Bellevue Club offers American Red Cross Lifeguarding in a Blended Learning format.
Blended Learning combines online learning with on-site skill sessions where you will practice skills and demonstrate competency.
This blended learning course requires at-home computer and internet access. You will be emailed a link to gain access to the online portion by the Tuesday prior to class and will take about 6-8 hours to complete. To successfully complete the course, you must attend the entire course, complete all online learning modules, demonstrate competency in all required skills and scenarios, and pass the final written exams with a minimum grade of 80 percent. Upon successful completion, you will receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, valid for two years.
participants must meet the following requirements
• Be at least 15 years old before the last scheduled class date.
• Complete online material prior to the start of the in-person portion.
• Pass one prerequisite skills evaluation on the first day of class which includes: swimming 300 meters, treading water for two minutes without hands, and retrieving a ten-pound brick from a depth of nine feet and swimming 20 meters using legs only.
To register, call the Bellevue Club Aquatics Desk at 425.688.3223.
Class Schedule & Fees
Course dates & Times | Saturdays & Sundays: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Course #1 | Jan. 9-10
Course #2 | Jan. 16-17
Course #3 | Jan. 23-24
Course #4 | Feb. 6-7
Course #5 | Feb 13-14
Course #6 | Feb. 27-28
Course #7 | Mar. 6-7
Course #8 | Mar. 13-14
Course #9 | Mar. 20-21
Course #10 | Apr. 3-4 | FULL
Course #11 | Apr. 10-11 | FULL
Course #12 | Apr. 17-18 | FULL
Course #13 | May 1-2 | FULL
Course #14 | May 8-9 | FULL
Course #15 | May 15-16 | FULL
Course #16 | May 22-23 | FULL
Course #17 | June 5-6 | FULL
Course #18 | June 12-13 | FULL
Course #19 | June 19-20
To enroll for a review you must be currently certified as an American Red Cross Lifeguard or have expired within 30 days of the date of the course. All Review Courses are the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Blended Learning format, which combines online learning with on-site skill sessions. FEES: $119/member, $145/non-member (Includes $38 Red Cross fee)
January 31 | 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
February 21 | 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
March 28 | 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
April 25 | 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
May 30 | 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
June 27 | 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Lifeguard Training Course: $199/member, $245/non-member (Includes $38 Red Cross fee)
*No refunds within 48 hours of the class, except in the event of illness. There will be a $25 transfer fee when changing courses.
*If unsuccessful, a $25 fee will be taken on first day and considered a transfer.
This format condenses lifeguard training all into one weekend. Participants should plan to spend long periods of time in the water and in the classroom.
The following items are *required or recommended:
- *State-issued photo ID (school ID is acceptable)
- *Proof of completion of online content
- Water bottle
- Food or meal plans
- Warm, dry change of clothes for classroom
- Contact case/solution if worn – participants are require to open eyes underwater
- Deck footwear
- Proof of current certification (review class only)