The Bellevue Club offers American Red Cross Lifeguarding in a Blended Learning format.
Blended Learning combines online learning with on-site skill sessions
This blended learning course requires at-home computer and internet access. You will be emailed a link to gain access to the online portion by the Tuesday prior to class and will take about 6-8 hours to complete. To successfully complete the course, you must attend the entire course, complete all online learning modules, demonstrate competency in all required skills and scenarios, and pass the final written exams with a minimum grade of 80 percent. Upon successful completion, you will receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, valid for two years.
participants must meet the following requirements
• Be at least 15 years old before the last scheduled class date.
• Complete online material prior to the start of the in-person portion.
• Pass one prerequisite skills evaluation on the first day of class which includes: swimming 300 meters, treading water for two minutes without hands, and retrieving a ten-pound brick from a depth of nine feet and swimming 20 meters using legs only.
Class Schedule & Fees
The purpose of the review course is to give currently certified American Red Cross Lifeguards the opportunity to review course content within a formal course setting. The review course format optimizes a participant’s ability to successfully complete the knowledge and skills evaluations. Click here for schedule and registration.
Class Format: Saturday 8am-8pm
There is no online blended learning component required for this class.
Within 24 hours of submitting your registration, you are required to send proof of current (or expired less than 30 days by the start of the course) lifeguarding certification to email@example.com. If this is not sent, you may be removed from the class roster.
This course provides training and certification in the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor Course, enabling successful participants to instruct lifeguarding courses at their home facility (must be a location approved by the American Red Cross). Click here for schedule and registration.
Blended Learning courses require at-home computer and internet access. You will be emailed a link to gain access to the online portion at least one week in advance of the class start date.
To successfully complete the course, you must be at least 17 years of age, successfully pass a lifeguarding skills test at the beginning of this class, attend all class sessions, complete all online learning modules, demonstrate competency in all required skills and scenarios, and pass the final written exams with a minimum grade of 80 percent.
Upon successful completion, you will receive certification as an American Red Cross Lifeguarding instructor. This class does not include basic-level lifeguarding certification renewal, but you can select this as an add-on option at registration.
Thursday – 4-10pm
Friday – 4-10pm
Saturday – 6-10-pm
Sunday – 6-10pm
See registration page for availability.
Class Format A
Class Format B
See the Registration Page for current availability.
Lifeguarding Course – Blended Learning –$275/non-member; $225 member
Lifeguarding Review Course – $175/non-member; $145 member
Lifeguarding Instructor Course – $395
*No refunds are issued within 7 days in advance of the class, except in the event of illness. A full refund, less Eventbrite (registration processing) fees, will be issued if requested at least 7 days before the start of the class. A $50 transfer fee applies when changing courses. No refunds or credits are issued to participants who do not successfully complete this course.
Participants should expect to spend extended amounts of time in the water and classroom. Meal breaks will be given for segments lasting longer than 4 hours. Showers with towel service, a refrigerator, microwave, and a restaurant will be available.
- Proof of completion of the online course (not required for review course)
- A photo ID with your age (if you do not have this, bring a photo ID and another document that shows your DOB or age)
- Athletic-style swimsuit
- Appropriate deck footwear
- Water bottle
- Lunch or lunch money
- Comfortable change of clothes (the training room can be chilly)
- Goggles (required but not allowed in every portion), swim cap optional
- Contact case and solution, or glasses if needed. You will be required to open your eyes underwater.
- Medication such as an asthma inhaler, if potentially needed
- Notebook/writing utensil (instructor courses only)
- Proof of current lifeguarding certification (for review and instructor courses only)
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.