Celebrate with Simple Scallops
Author: Samantha Lund | Posted In: Eat | December 2020
Pan Seared Scallops
- 1 lbs. Sea Scallops
- 2 tsp. Butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Pat scallops dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat medium saucepan over medium heat or until hot drizzle olive oil, add butter and place scallops in pan.
- Do not over crowd or let the scallops touch. Let scallops sear in pan about 1-2 minutes or until brown crust forms.
- Add garlic and shallot. Turn once and sear other side for another minute. Remove from pan and set aside to plate.
- Begin on the Citrus vinaigrette: Add Olive Oil, Orange Juice, white wine vinegar, Honey, Salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate Up: Garnish scallops with fresh chopped parsley and a drizzle of citrus vinaigrette