How to Eat Your Christmas Tree
Author: Samantha Lund | Posted In: Eat | December 2021
Christmas Tree (Literally) Sugar Cookies
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped needles
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cooking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add flour, baking powder and pine needles to a blender, and blend until fully combined and consistent in texture.
- Combine sugar, vanilla and butter until sugar is dissolved and combined completely. Then begin adding the egg slowly until combined. Then add the dry blender ingredients and mix by hand until one consistent texture.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Add extra powdered sugar and roughly chopped needles for decoration if desired.