Hit Up Hip Camp for All Your Last-Minute, Late-Summer Adventures
Author: Lauren Hunsberger | Posted In: Go | August 2021
Hip Camp is the easiest, and possibly the most private, way to camp or glamp. Pitch a tent, luxuriate in a yurt, or treat yourself to a treehouse retreat in the forest with this Airbnb-inspired app for wilderness lovers.
Like Airbnb, Hip Camp allows users to post or peruse and book private properties. The platform differs, however, in that instead of apartments or beach homes it lists gorgeous plots of remote land for a unique outdoors experience. Here are a few things to know about the service:
- The sites are all different. Some of the listings have rustic structures—like yurts or treehouses—but many are just private, well-maintained plots of land that can be used for tents or RVs.
- Say goodbye to crowded campsites. The past two years have sent more people than ever into the woods looking for a safe place to escape. One of the biggest benefits to Hip Camp is that privacy is almost guaranteed because you’re on private property otherwise not accessible to the public.
- Covid regulations are enforced. Safety is paramount for this site, and they encourage all users to post how they contribute to a safe experience.
- Amenities are optional. Some properties offer toilets, showers, and access to water sources. Many do not. Make sure to read the details of the site you choose before you book. When in doubt, contact your host.
- Standards are high. Hip Camp abides by extremely high standards for hosts and visitors alike. They partner with numerous outdoors organizations, like Recreate Responsibly, Leave No Trace and National Weather Service, to ensure the natural environment is preserved and protected, and campers are safe.
For more information or to book a site, visit hipcamp.com.