The Benefits & Myths behind jade rollers
Author: Samantha Lund | Posted In: Live | July 2019
An excuse for a trip to the store
- Increases circulation: Most dermatological studies agree that jade rolling increases circulation across your face, similar to the result you can get from exercising.
- Eases puffiness: Jade rolling increases lymphatic drainage because you’re rolling toward your lymph nodes (to your ears), draining stagnant lymph.
- Smooths wrinkles: Lymph reduction also aids in wrinkle reduction, similar to puffiness.
- Reduces jaw and brow tension: Much like a facial massage, jade rollers can stimulate the muscles in both your jaw and brow. If done correctly, it can reduce tension in both.
Don't believe everything you hear
- Encourages collagen production: Jade rolling stimulates blood flow, but will not affect the natural collagen production in your face.
- Treats acne: There’s no medical reason that a jade roller will prevent or treat acne.
- Increases penetration of skin-care products: Jade rolling does not stimulate your skin’s pores to open or close.