FOOD TO WOO
Posted In: Eat | December 2022
Chocolate Pot de Crème
- 6 egg yolks
- 5 Tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1 1/2 C whole milk
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 9 oz chocolate, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix the egg yolks and sugar together.
- In a saucepot, heat the cream, milk and salt until a light simmer.
- Add the chocolate to the simmering liquid, and mix until it’s melted.
- Temper * the egg-yolk mixture into the chocolate mixture. It should reach about 165 degrees Fahrenheit. If it cools too rapidly, return to heat and stir. *tempering is the process of combining two ingredients of radically different temperatures. The two ingredients are slowly combined so they both gradually rise to the same temperature
- Strain the mixture and place into a desired cup or glass.
- Cool completely before serving.