SEVEN STEPS TO THE PERFECT
The temptation to jump right from the car to the slopes is high. But one simple movement pattern can save you a lot of stiffness and get your muscles ready for a day filled with runs.
1. Start in a plank position.
2. Move your right leg forward into a runner’s lunge, with hands on the inside.
3. Touch your right elbow to the floor.
4. Stretch the right hand up to the sky, turning your torso to the right.
5. Return the right hand to the floor, and straighten the right leg while looking forward.
6. Return to the lunge, then move the right leg back into plank.
7. Repeat on the left side. Do these movements on each side eight to 10 times.
For those who hate pre-workout stretching, take this tip with you for any exercise or sport. It’s very versatile and effective, hence the name!
Continue reading Reflections and don’t forget to check back
every two weeks for more articles.