Functional Foods: How to Cook with Dandelion Greens
Author: Lauren Hunsberger | Posted In: Eat | June 2020
Simple Breakfast Sauté
with Goat Cheese
- 2 cups dandelion greens, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- Sourdough bread, toasted and sliced
- To reduce the bitter flavor, begin by blanching the dandelion greens. Fill a stock pot halfway with water and add a teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil and drop in the greens. Blanch for one to two minutes, maximum. Using a slotted spoon, remove the greens and set aside.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the leeks and sauté for a few minutes, until tender. Add the greens and sauté until wilted.
- Crack the eggs and carefully add to the pan, cook until the whites are set. Add the cheese until warm. Serve with toasted bread.