Spicy, Savory, Sweet Potato Hash Bowl
Author: Lauren Hunsberger | Posted In: Eat | June 2020
Sweet Potato Hash
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil, divided
- 4 Strips Bacon
- 1/4 Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1 Red Bell Peper
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Korean Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 cups Kale Leaves
- 1/2 avocado
- Place the sweet potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Microwave on high for about 4 minutes, mixing halfway through, until the potatoes are softened but still retain their shape.
- Set aside. In a medium saucepan, cook the bacon and then transfer it to a cutting board to cut into small pieces. Rinse the pan and use it to sauté the sweet potatoes, onions, bell pepper, cumin and red pepper flakes in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil for about 4 minutes.
- Then add in the kale. After 2 minutes, mix in the bacon and remove from the heat. Transfer the hash into two bowls and top with sliced avocado, salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.