Guide to Grilling Summer Veggies
Author: Lauren Hunsberger | Posted In: Eat | May 2020
Grilled PNW Morel Mushrooms
- 1 pound fresh morel mushrooms, sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or avocado oil
- pinch sea salt, pepper to taste
- Fill a large mixing bowl halfway with cool water. Soak the mushrooms for 10 minutes, and then swish them around, using your hands to remove any excess dirt. Drain the water and dump the mushrooms onto a cloth or paper towel. Thoroughly pat them dry to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Cut off stems or any excess roughage. Return the mushrooms to the mixing bowl and add the butter (or oil) and salt. Gently toss the mushrooms, and then place them in a foil packet.
- Put the foil packet on the grill at medium-high temperature and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.