Perfect Pumpkin Crostini
Author: Lauren Hunsberger | Posted In: Eat | August 2020
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread or French bread, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 medium sugar pumpkin
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar, preferably dark
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup spiced rum, Myers’ will do
- 1/2 cup cashews, roasted and lightly salted
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the slices of bread on a sheet pan and brush both sides with olive oil, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and bake 8 to 12 minutes, turning toasts at the halfway mark.
- Cut off the pumpkin skin, then scoop out seeds. Cut flesh of pumpkin into half-inch dice.
- In a large bowl, toss the pumpkin with brown sugar, water and rum. Mix well to coat.
- Place the pumpkin mixture on baking sheet and bake about 30 minutes, until it’s tender. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Drizzle pieces of bread with the syrup that has formed on the sheet pan. Divide roasted pumpkin onto crostini. Sprinkle cashew pieces over crostini, top with a dollop of Mascarpone and any remaining syrup.