Simple Steamed Mussels
Author: Lauren Hunsberger | Posted In: Eat | September 2020
Steamed Mussels with Sausage
Prep Time: 30 Minutes | Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 lbs mild Italian sausage of choice
- 1 cup sliced shallots
- 12 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cups cups white wine (sauvignon blanc or chenin blanc) or rosé
- 5 lbs local mussels of choice
- fresh parsley
- olive oil
- sliced baguette
- Slice the sausages into halves. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook half of the sausages, turning them occasionally, until almost browned.
- Add half the shallots and garlic cloves. Sauté for a few more minutes, and then add a quarter of the wine and let the vegetables and sausage finish cooking, about 10 minutes.
- Add another quarter of the wine and half the mussels, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to low, and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, or until all the mussels are open.
- Add a small handful of fresh parsley, and drizzle olive oil into the pan. Repeat with the second half of ingredients. Ladle into a big serving bowl, and serve with baguette.