Rainier Cherry Bourbon Smash
Author: Lauren Hunsberger | Posted In: Eat | June 2020
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- 1/4 cup fresh, pitted, halved Rainier cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, no stems
- 2 oz. Bullet Bourbon
- Fresh Lime
- Soda water to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water over high heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the mint leaves, then reduce the heat and simmer until thick.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and let the syrup cool to room temperature. Using a slotted spoon, strain the mint leaves. You can save the excess in a jar for up to a few months.
- For the cocktail, first add the cherries and the syrup to a rocks glass and muddle. Pour in the bourbon and lime and stir.
- Add a splash of soda water and garnish with fresh mint leaf or lime wedge.