Spring King Salmon
Author: Lauren Hunsberger | Posted In: Eat | June 2020
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 zucchini
- 2 summer squash
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 24 oz. salmon filet
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella or shaved Parmesan
- 1 1/4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cup cooked fregula (or croutons)
- 1/4 cup basil, torn
- 1 pound baby arugula
- 4 oz. champagne vinaigrette (or balsamic, red wine, lemon and olive oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill. Cut the summer squash and zucchini in half, lengthwise, and cut off the white fibrous part of the asparagus. Toss all the vegetables in oil, salt and pepper. Grill the squash flesh side down and then flip and grill the skin side, about three minutes per side. Remove the asparagus when it’s charred and becomes pliable.
- Cut the salmon into four portions, about six ounces each. Salt and pepper both sides and rub the flesh side with a little oil. Place on grill and cook to 135–140 degrees F for a medium center.
- Toss all remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl with the dressing. Adjust with salt and pepper.