Spiced Apple Sangria
Author: Lauren Hunsberger | Posted In: Eat | October 2020
Prep Time: Overnight
- 3 cups raw, unfiltered apple cider
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of aromatics, to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 bottle wine
- ½ cup brandy or cognac
- 3-4 cups fruit of your choice, cubed
- Club soda
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the raw apple cider with the aromatics, honey and ¼ cup of water. Turn the heat down and let the mixture simmer on low for 30 minutes. Then, sift out the spices. Let cool for an hour.
- Pour the spiced apple cider into a larger pitcher. Add the wine, brandy or cognac, and fruit and stir. Let the mixture sit overnight. To serve, pour into a wine glass and add a dash of club soda with a garnish.