Start Your Mornings Strong
Author: Kelli Terpsma | Posted In: Eat | January 2020
Sweet Potato Hash Bowl
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil, Divided
- 4 Strips of bacon
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- 1/5 Tsp. Korean Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Cups Packed Kale Leaves
- 1/2 Avocado
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the sweet potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Microwave on high for about 4 minutes, mixing halfway through, until the potatoes are softened but still retain their shape.
- Set aside. In a medium saucepan, cook the bacon and then transfer it to a cutting board to cut into small pieces.
- Rinse the pan and use it to sauté the sweet potatoes, bell pepper, cumin and red pepper flakes in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil for about 4 minutes.
- Then add in the kale. After 2 minutes, mix in the bacon and remove from the heat.
- Transfer the hash into two bowls and top with sliced avocado, salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Mango Smoothie Bowl
Makes 2 Servings
- 2 Cups Frozen Mangoes
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- 2 Tsp. Honey
- 1/4 Cup Granola
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Barries
- Allow the frozen fruit to thaw for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mangoes, banana, orange juice and honey to a high-speed blender; mix until smooth using a spatula to scrape down the sides at various intervals.
- If the blender is having a hard time mixing, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time.
- Then distribute the thick smoothie mixture between two bowls and top with granola and raspberries, if desired.
- Other good topping choices include fresh blueberries, dried cranberries, dried coconut shavings or chocolate bits. Serve cold.