Author: Lauren Hunsberger |Posted In: Live |September 2021
Most people have experienced short scalp massages during a haircut or the end of a full-body massage. But it’s actually a treatment all on its own, with very real wellness benefits.
For centuries, Eastern medicine has recognized dozens of pressure points on the head, face, neck and shoulders that are thought to affect maladies in various parts of the body. At a minimum, we know scalp massage promotes a sense of relaxation and serenity. Here are a few other benefits of this healing treatment.
1. Releases serotonin, promoting calmness and relaxation.
2. Promotes hair growth and aids with dryness if oil is included.
3. Enhances parasympathetic activity, balancing the central nervous system.
4. Enhances blood circulation to the head and neck areas.
5. Lowers blood pressure, reduces stress hormones and slows the heart rate.
6. Helps migraines and tension headaches.
7. Eases insomnia in some people.
TRY AN EXTENDED SCALP MASSAGE
The Spa offers a luxurious massage for the scalp that’s hydrating and nourishing and complements any body wrap or massage.